A to Z about Invisalign
Invisalign is a series of clear aligners. These are placed into your mouth to straighten your teeth. It is a system that uses clear aligners to straighten your teeth and make them straighter than they were before. The aligners use in combination with a retainer. Similar to a retainer toothbrush but with a clear base instead of bristles. The aligners are composed using flexible plastic, shaped to fit the space between your teeth. When you bite down, Invisalign gently moves forward and backward, pulling your teeth into place.
Who cannot use Invisalign?
Invisalign is not suitable for everyone.
- It is only for patients with mild-to-moderate crowding who can wear their aligners without feeling discomfort or pain.
- It is also not for patients who have difficulty chewing or swallowing because they might end up dislodging their aligners (or causing other damage).
Invisalign for children.
Invisalign is also known as invisible braces or invisible orthodontics. Here are some reasons why you need to consider Invisalign for your child.
- It is a perfect choice for kids who are getting braces but do not want them invisible wearing them in public.
- The aligners are clear. The children can wear them at school or when going out with friends without anyone knowing about Invisalign.
- If your child has crooked teeth, Invisalign can help straighten their smile by using clear aligners to move their teeth into position.
- These aligners are composed using flexible plastic, so they can move in your mouth without causing pain or discomfort.
- They are also removable, so if your child is unhappy with how their teeth look after treatment, you can remove the aligners and have new ones made up for them!
Invisalign does require some time commitment on your part.
The Invisalign treatment is for people who want the benefits of braces but do not want to deal with the hassle. You will need to wear the aligners for two years before you will take them off and begin wearing regular adult-style braces again. The good news is that this doesn’t need to wear every time.
The treatment is generally done on the upper and lower teeth, although it might not be necessary to do all of them. The aligners are composed of a plastic material called Smart flex that allows them to wear for several months at a time. They move with your teeth when you eat and drink, then slowly return to their original position once you remove the aligner.
Can I get Invisalign for me?
If you’re interested in trying Invisalign, you should schedule an appointment with a dentist near me for Invisalign with experience using this appliance.
- They will examine your mouth and determine if Invisalign is right for you.
- While most people find that they are comfortable wearing their aligners, some people may feel uncomfortable or even have pain while they’re wearing them.
- If this happens to you, it may be time to consider other options as traditional braces or orthodontic devices like Invisalign.
You are eligible to use Invisalign if you:
- Have enough space between your teeth to fit a tray in your mouth (about 2 millimetres)
- You need to treat and correct your bite and alignment of your teeth and gums (also called periodontal disease)
- Consult a dentist near me for Invisalign if you have any dental illness.
Does Invisalign change your face shape?
We have asked and heard from the patients Invisalign does not change face shape. Invisalign aligners are composed to straighten and realign your teeth by moving them into their proper places without disturbing the rest of your jaw and facial structure. They are also invisible in any case. So you will never have to worry about people noticing them.
Does Invisalign change your teeth’ shape?
Yes, Invisalign changes the shape of your teeth. After the removal of Invisalign braces, you may have some residual mouth changes that can take weeks or even months to fade away. When it comes to reshaping your teeth after Invisalign, this is something that happens through braces. The braces have metal wires that press against the top of your teeth and force them down into place. They’re typically worn for about two years, then taken out and replaced with braces.
What are some benefits of Invisalign?
- Invisalign is a perfect option to straighten your teeth.
- Invisalign can make it easier to eat food and brush your teeth.
- It doesn’t do anything to change the shape of your face.
- Invisalign is a perfect option for people who want to improve their smile by getting straight teeth.
- It is for people who are unhappy with their tooth look and feel.
- It is for those who have had dental treatment in the past.