What Education Do You Really Need To Succeed At Network Marketing?
There’s a great deal of education you do need, but none of it (or very, very little) is actually taught in any school – except that of Hard Knocks.
I sat out, mid-life, and got a few degrees. Then I found that none of them would give me the freedom I wanted or the amount of success I sought. Factually, each of them only prepared me for another wage-slave job – where you trade your time for someone else’s money on a 1-to-1 basis.
(What those degrees actually turned out to be useful for was as additional studies into humankind behaviour. Talk about getting handed lemons and making lemonade… )
When you take the top 5 or 10 richest people in America, what do you find?
- Bill Gates (Microsoft) – college dropout.
- Warren Buffet (Berkshire Hathaway) – BA at U of Nebraska, MS at Columbia.
- Larry Ellison (Oracle) – college dropout.
- Christy Walton – (mostly) inherited from Sam Walton, who graduated from U of Missouri with a Bachelor’s. (and 3 more of his heirs are in the top 20 per Forbes).
- Charles and David Koch – both BA, MA from MIT.
- Sheldon Adelson – college dropout.
- Michael Bloomberg – BA Johns Hopkins, MBA Harvard.
But those are your top dogs. Looking further, you’ll find that most of these are self-made billionaires. Sam Walton was very much self-made, and gave his wealth away to his children.
So tell me then – if all these dropouts are the richest in the US, and there is $40 billion difference between Gates and Bloomberg – what is the value of a fancy diploma?
You have to look up their separate biographies to find where they really got their lessons from. It had nothing to do with where they were born or how rich their parents were – in fact the richest had incredibly humble beginnings.
If anything, this list seems to show that the more degrees you have and the Ritzier the schools, the more you get held back.
Now take a couple more people – who made their millions in just a few years – from dead-broke scratch:
- Mike Dillard – got a degree in Austin and also the MLM bug. He met with failures and even poverty for 6 years until he sat down to figure out exactly what made people tick and then was able to convert this knowledge into his fortune. It took him just 18 months to go from waiting tables to millionaire status. And now he just wants to give what he knows to everyone he can so they are able to achieve their own success.